Thanks Maggie - So I was "tagged" for 7 things about me... which took me a while to think of... here goes:
1. I was a cheerleader all through high school and some of college. I started cheering at the YMCA when I was in 2nd grade: really cool red and white jumper and knee socks - I wish i had a picture for that one! - and no front teeth. It was great. For some reason though, I don't remember ever actually watching the game.
2. SPeaking of cheering: In 8th grade my math teacher (a hero of mine) introduced me to the movie "Rudy" and I thought from that time that I would go to Notre Dame to cheer. Well... I only made it to Millsaps, but I still root for the Fighting Irish in football season.
3. I'm a really slow driver. I've never gotten a ticket in the 10+ yrs of driving. I've only been in one wreck when a 40+yr old lady - who wanted to dress like she was 16 slammed on her breaks on Lakeland and the front two screws on my front liscense plate barely touched her car - she swore she had whiplash, but insurance was never filed :)
4. I took a belly dancing class once - never used it, but it was kinda fun and a little bit of an ego boost to be in a room of dancing 60 YO women in spandex.
5. I run for my heart (and my family, and my dog, and swimsuit season among other things). Early heart attacks are no good.
6. I have played the piano since I was in 2nd grade and minored in music in college. I tried the cello for a summer before medical school, but ran out of time.
7. Anthony and I met while volunteering at the Jackson Free Clinic. Then he came up to my lab to see me and I managed to stumble through all of my words. He asked me to coffee - like a good Presbyterian boy. I couldn't go because I had some family obligations that in retrospect did sound far fetched, and he thought I was trying to say no. Thankfully - he pursued me!
I tag Adelle J., Elise T., and Jeanann S.
1 comment:
Yea! I was just about to post a comment about what it meant! I love the belly dancing fact.
Post a Comment