1.05.2008

MS Blues Marathon

I finished the MS blues 1/2 marathon this morning!
We got to bed decently early last night and were up this morning about 5:00. I picked up two of my friends that live close by and we headed down town. It was cold this morning, but you warm up really quickly, so i wore a long sleeve shirt over a short sleeve shirt, so i could take off the long sleeve when i got too hot (about mile 4). We parked at Woodland Hills Baptist Church and lined up to get ready. I started running with some other girls from school, but i could only keep up with them for the first ~4.5 miles- they were running 9 min miles, and i'm more comfortable closer to a 10 min mile. Jackson turned out to be more hilly than I had imagined - and Anthony and I thought that there were no mountains here! ha! Regardless it was a really good race and i finished in 2hrs 10 min. THey took pictures along the course and at the finish line, so i'm hoping that there will be something posted online. I will post a link or copy pictures on here soon hopefully. They had some good blues music playing at the finish line and at a couple of points along the race. AFterwards the studetns from the MS school of therapeautic massage were giving free massages, and even though i really don't like other people rubbing on me, i took them up on a free leg/knee massage and stretch. we went down the hill and got some cups coffee to warm up, listened to the blues music a little longer, and then headed back toward the house. it was a good morning overall. They did a really great job putting it together and I will definately run it again next year.


now... just gotta decide what to sign up for next!


No comments: