4.12.2009

My all-star Husband

So even though Anthony has access to blog on this site, he's often too busy (or maybe it's just too cheesy for him), so it usually gets left up to me. On the up-side of this - I get to take a minute to brag on him - which is good because he wouldn't do it himself.

Anthony was named as one of the M3 Resident All-Stars. This award is given to the resident/or residents who display the characteristics that doctors and students should strive for; meaning that he is an awesome teacher, exciting lecturer, displays outstanding bedside manner, and is fun to be around at 3 in the morning on call. This makes him the "best doctor ever"!!! I'm so proud of him - I knew he was a great doctor, but I'm glad that his hard work does not go unnoticed by others.

Anthony's had an exciting week! He also just ran his first 5K (3.1miles) at the "Run from the SUN" - run to benefit and raise awareness of Melanoma, and other skin related cancers. This run was in downtown Jackson and many of the medicine (and med peds as the case may be) residents participated. Their shirts were really cute - they said "Dyspneic Docs" on the front and "Running Hard and Breathing Harder" on the back. I thought that this was particularly funny!! The last stretch was really brutal - they had to run around the coliseum and then back up High Street! Most people bring their kids to the races, so we decide that we should too... so we took Gabby! She was a very good little girl and a big hit with the kids. I'm so proud of Anthony - he did great!! :)


No comments: