3.06.2009

Seaside 1/2 marathon

Who knew that freezing temps were possible in Seaside, FL in MARCH!?! Well... I'm here to tell you that they indeed are! Anthony & I drove down to FL Friday afternoon after he got out of clinic and made it to the Candlewood Suites in Miramar somewhat after midnight. (BTW we HIGHLY recommend this hotel - they are nice, clean, cheap and have a little kitchenette too - w/ a full refridgerator; and they have free wireless internet!). We enjoyed a day at the beach and picked up my race packet on Saturday, then enjoyed a little shopping at the outlet malls. I got a suit to defend my dissertation (in less than 4 wks) and Anthony racked up on socks and ties!
The race was on Sunday morning, and Anthony was a really good sport and agreed to get up and come with me early- he even sat in a coffeeshop in Seaside to study while I ran. When we got there it was probably about 34*F - BRRRR, but it felt kinda good once I got going. The race was great - an out and back along 30A - lots of pretty houses to look at; the only down side was that the wind was against me for the 1st 1/2, but that also meant that it was with me on the way back. I was really shooting for 2 hours this race, and nearly made it. My official chip time was 2:01:29:93. I'm not terribly dissapointed as this is a nice record for me, the downside is that i won't have much time to run I don't think next year - bummer. Anyway- if you're remotely interested in running a 1/2 marathon, this is a GREAT one - here's the link: Seaside 1/2 Marathon. Thanks for cheering me on!! :)
Next race = Legal Beagle (5K) for the Young Lawyers association - March 14.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow...what an accomplishment. I don't think I could run 2 blocks in 2 hours! Congrats!

Shurden Family said...

how fun! I love seaside. i can't believe it was freezing there. i'm so glad you're able to do the marathons and have a good time at it. how was the marathon on the 14th?

Sarah Denley said...

Hey Kim, thanks for your prayers, hope everything is going great with ya'll!